
I spent WAY too much energy on a cake that turned out dry and partially burnt. Nicole really wanted a "scratch" cake. I personally like box cakes, but I used eggs, flour, baking powder, sugar.....however, the convection oven is NOT my friend. Every time I checked this "scratch cake" the middle was gooey and the edges were getting too dark. It is weird to continue baking something, knowing that part of it is burnt. I am glad that I didn't put the entire effort in (I didn't sift the flour!) Maybe years from now I will remember Nicole's 9th birthday cake and laugh. At least I gave it a try!
Oh well, the frosting was good (thanks for the powdered sugar Geneal, and thanks for the butter Debi). I made brownies to make up for the small (burnt edges shaved off) cake.

Nicole's 9th birthday was awesome! Unlike our usual tradition of planning for weeks, we threw together her party in two days. I loved it! An entire evening was spent on the sign, notice the Wii drums in the happy, and the microphone for the "i". I shouldn't need to point out the guitar, right?

Beattles Rock Band was a huge hit, although I got very tired of "We All Live in a Yellow Submarine".

I can not ride this (actually I can not even get up on this) but Nicole spent a few days learning, and now she can move pretty well.
RipStick Skateboard


The RipStick (RipStik) is like nothing you've ever ridden before! Part skateboard, part snowboard, and part surfing all in one.
Your motion makes the Ripstick go. You do not need to kick your feet like a skateboard. Twist back and forth to make it go.
The RipStick is on caster wheels that can rotate in all directions. The board itself, is flexible and is propelled by your movements.
1 comment:
I played guitar hero beatles and got a blister on my finger after playing as my guitar gently weeps twice. I sucked and I was injured. Looking forward to the visit in P-town.
Chet, Uncle Chet
Post a Comment