Next weekend a bunch of expats from Dalian are going to Beijing to walk/run the Great Wall Marathon (most of us are signed up for the half marathon). I am really excited to do this race, and a little nervous too. A group of us have been training around our housing complex, we have gone for many two hour walks or hikes. There is a mountain/hill that has over 2000 steps (I know this for a fact because while we were walking one time my friend counted each one). We have spent months getting ready for this race. One day a friend and I even climbed part of it in the snow, before we injured our selves we turned around and made it home without any major injuries. When we are in Beijing, hopefully all of this will be worth it.
My friend, the master organizer got more than 30 people to sign up for this crazy race back in March. We decided it would be fun to get t-shirts made. The shirts turned out great, the only thing is, they had a little typo.....

If you have ever seen funny signs from Asia, or heard funny stories about typos, you know this is VERY typical for China. One more funny China moment, This Is China "T.I.C."
The group flying to Beijing next weekend has been named the "Dalian Why Go Run". I love this name, but you might not "get it" unless you speak Mandarin. It is a play on words, because in Mandarin the word for foreigner is pronounced something like "why go ren" in pinyin it is spelled "wai guo ren".
No comments:
Post a Comment