The actual apartment is very nice, there are three bedrooms and three bathrooms, plus a study and maid quarters. There is a laundry room and a gorgeous kitchen. The windows are huge, and most rooms have a balcony and sliding glass doors.
We are so excited, and it will be wonderful for having guests. I think the maid quarters would be cramped for anyone, but it is another extra room for sleeping. (We have decided we most likely will not have a live in maid.)
Yesterday we spent some time at the Dalian American International school where the kids will be attending. We met the kid's teachers and I am so excited! Trejan's teacher (Mr. Krumtinger) is a 6'9" basketball player who loves the outdoors. When we met him he was on the floor working on a hopscotch game the kids were going to play with vowel sounds. He seems like a lot of fun, and there are only 11 kids in the class! He has Trejan's cubby ready and name tag on the table where Trejan will sit. It looks like a fabulous class room. They have the same blocks that we have and lots of colorful and fun teaching tools.
Nicole's teacher (Ms. Adams) is extremely energetic and enthusiastic. I am very thrilled with my first impressions. I think Nicole will love her. She is an Oregonian and was talking Duck football with us. One of the first things in the classroom that we noticed was a bulletin board with the solar system and planets on it! She is teaching the kids about the lunar calendar. Ms. Adams is excited for Nicole and has her cubby ready and waiting, her class only has 14 students. amazing!
It is neat that they have been thinking about our kids since Sept. There are some other families with the same move date that we have (early January) and I think it will be a smooth transition. Chinese New Year break will be soon after the kids start, so that will be nice. I am hoping the kids will get situated and then have a little one week vacation to experience our new environment.
2 comments:
There are days when I wish I was with you!!!!
Val en ABQ
It sounds fabulous!! A villa, 12 to 14 kids per class, not in the city but close. I'm excited too. I guess this means We'll all have to do crafts without you next summer. I'm sure you'll be finding somewhere to serve. I hope you can take your bikes.
Blessings,
Sharron Shipley
Post a Comment