Sunday, October 5, 2008

Damon left our house this morning at 5:20 (or something crazy like that) for Shenyang (northeast of Beijing, north of Dalian). He is doing some interviewing and then on Friday Oct 10th I will fly to Dalian and meet him there. We are planning to go on our "house hunting trip" and finalize our apartment. I am nervous to fly there without him, but thankfully Mike and Geneal (our friends from Pheonix that we met last summer) are traveling with me. I am praying that our flights are all on time and that we get through the Beijing airport safely. Damon assures me that the international terminal is a piece of cake since the Olympics this past summer. It is a good thing they added that, because when we were their just over a year ago it was not very welcoming to english speakers.
I am sad that today was the last soccer game for Trejan that I will get to see him play this season. I will be missing his last two games with this upcoming trip. Nicole will have one left after we get back. Enjoying this fall is bittersweet, I will miss friends so much, and it is hard to imagine that for two years we will be having such different experiences.
October brings such a busy time for us anyway with both of the kids' birthdays, Trejan's "Webkinz birthday" party is in three days (Oct 8th, wednesday) and we are all very excited. Last bday here for two years....
We have been getting our house painted to have it ready to rent. I love it and am sad that we won't have more time to enjoy it. (Although the kids are already tired of me saying "don't touch the walls!)
I am going to try to enter posts every few weeks until we move, and then more frequently when we are in Dalian.
Pray for us in the next couple of weeks as we make some big decisions.

No comments: