Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Two Year Anniversary

We have been here living in Dalian, China for two years and it feels like home more than ever. I don't even think about the differences in culture on a daily basis. I guess I am not shocked by much anymore.

My mandarin is still improving, although I wouldn't say I speak well. I am glad I have stuck with lessons because some of my favorite moments are talking to people who don't speak English. Our ayi (maid) is not only a huge help to me, I also consider her a friend. Our driver is wonderful. We have seen these two lovely people almost every day the past two years, they are an integral part of our daily life. It has been fun getting to know them this past year, since I can actually have a conversation in mandarin now! Both of them help me with my homework sometimes. I will truly miss them both when we move to the USA in July.
Living here has taught me so much about the Chinese culture and given me the chance to visit several other Asian countries. I feel truly blessed to be given these opportunities.

1 comment:

Noriko Nakada said...

Can't believe it's been two years! Enjoy your last few months big sis!