First's when arriving back in the USA after five months living in China.
First thing I ate was mexican food-three times in the first 24 hours, mostly for the guacamole, (maybe I am a little sick). And speaking of food, we really noticed that the US has a lot of fat people.
I noticed that the Seattle international airport isn't so great, espeically compared to Incheon, Shanghai, Beijing, Okinawa. The U.S. doesn't make it easy on forgeiners, a serious lack of signs, and nothing but English. I remember thinking this same thing years ago when I flew internationally from the east coast. This was interesting....while we were standing in line to come through immigration over half of those US passport holders were not speaking English.
There is SO much empty space! In the mall, Target, Best Buy, cleanliness, no pushy crowds.
Something that is so comforting and relaxing-we just blend right in. Nicole's quote, "there are so many Americans! well, I guess that makes sense, we are in America!" The interesting thing is that we are SO use to sticking out and we noticed how we blend in, such a lack of Asians.
We have been here less than 48 hours and I know I am forgeting my Chinese.....all of that hard work already seeping out of my mushy brain.
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love these posts and lists! Thank you for sharing. I need to get back on the bloggin bandwagon, it has been too long, and life moving at a pace I can't keep up, blog wise.... You will cherish these reminders of your time in China...it is like a travel journal.
Sounds like it's been a good 2 days!!
Are you guys still here in the states??? yeah Mexican food!!! Someday you will have to come to NM to taste some of mine... (not that great, but we'd love to have you)hahaha Val
Post a Comment