Saturday, February 21, 2009

Homework? just another "China moment"

Nicole sat down to do her homework and there was a knock on the door. There was a leak in the condo above us, and so they were going to fix the problem apparently that our leaky pipe had.

After viewing the pipe from the laundry room the fix it guy called his buddies, and they took turns sawing the ceiling right above the kitchen sink. The dry wall was flying all over my kitchen. Nicole continued to do her homework as we were wondering how many guys could actually come "help".

It was one of those "China moments". We come up with these almost daily and laugh about them with other expats. Things happen here, and we just shake our heads and say, this only would happen in China.

Another "China moment" in the same week....the dishwasher door wouldn't open because they installed the dishwasher lopsided. When they came to "fix" it, they took off the baseboard and cut a hole in it so the dishwasher door could open. I guess this was easier than straightening the dishwasher. Something funny too, we were only putting clean dishes in the dishwasher, it was only our drying rack since I couldn't find soap for over two weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! A lot of DISTRACTIONS, HUH???!!! :) Well I miss You guys a lot!!!!!!!



Your Friend, Mehak

Anonymous said...

Hi Yukiko! It is great to see your family in China and to read about some of your adventures. I finally dug out the blog address from your Christmas card. Email me and tell me how to get in touch with you. My school email address is best lisa_oglesby@ddouglas.k12.or.us. I hope all is well. Can't wait to hear from you. Lisa